Unidentified peaks in Chromeleon 7.2 SR5 how to export

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi Everyone, I'm using Chromeleon 7.2 SR5 Enterprise install to collect and process GC - FID data

My GC chromatogram has 46 peaks in the component table which I will identify.

All I need to do is export the peak areas to use in an external calculation sheet so I'm doing very little in chromeleon.

I'm just using the summary tab on the report and exporting to excel which works well (and simple) for my identified peaks. So I simply have a table where the rows are samples and 46 columns which are named components.

My problem is I also have up to 20 unidentified peaks in and amongst the 46 named components which I want to sum the peak areas and get into the summary tab as ideally one extra column (called 'other') so I have 47 columns.

I’ve played around with unidentified peak group table which works well as far as integrating and labelling peaks (multiple peaks can be labelled 'other' if I set a start and end time which covers the whole chromatogram) and seeing in the interactive results but I can’t see them in the Report summary tab.

Likewise I’ve tried just adding “other” to the component table and manually pinned that name to a peak but I can’t seem to do that to multiple peaks.

Can anyone suggest a good way to approach this? I would probably have about 5 – 20 small peaks across the whole chromatogram, interspersed among the 46 named components, to integrate and ideally sum up/group into one column on the report summary tab!

Is it possible?

Kind Regards
Steve
York - UK
If this is useful to anyone in the future many different approaches are possible but I have used;

chm.sumIf("peak.area","uiPeakGroup.group=\"unknown\"")

in consolidated table in the summary tab of report designer after creating an 'unknown' group in the processing method unidentified peak table covering the retention time of the whole chromatogram.

Solution provided to me by a much more knowledgeable expert user - thanks very much for your help!!
2 posts Page 1 of 1