Data alignment options

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hope this is the right spot for this question.

I'm working with rather large data sets (GC/MS and LC-QToF, both Agilent) and am looking for solutions for aligning chromatographic data. Currently our lab uses MPP with qual for LC and AMDIS for GC data, however paying $10k/license for something as simple as aligning data seems insane (we only have one computer with the software as a result). Are there any cheaper or open source options anyone else has had luck with? Also I've found MPP is particularly bad at aligning GC data and Qual crashes more often than it succeeds when extracting data. Any help would be appreciated.
You can play with our product UniChrom https://www.unichrom.com/chrom/uc-ffe.shtml (it's free for data processing).

1. Different GC-MS datasets can be imported
2. Separate document windows can be merged (collected) in single document
3. The layers of chromatogram data can be aligned (slided) along each other to compare TIC chromatograms visually.
what sort of aligning are you doing? Visually, to look at chromatograms? What version of Agilent's software are you running - if it's just visual, it's built-in in Chemstation I think? Even the original old Chemstation for single quad LC-MS systems can do whizzy stuff like use peaks in MS data to correct the expected retention times of PDA data for quantification.
3 posts Page 1 of 1