G1701DA hangs when starting with G1369A LAN interface card?

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
I am using an Agilent 6890 GC that has a JetDirect 4100A card in it and I have to do the whole BootP stuff. I tried putting in a G1369A LAN interface card using the default IP address of 192.168.254.11 and was able to ping it just fine. When I open the G1701DA software, however, it gives an "8041 Cannot bring up GC" error. I tried restarting the computer and the instrument but still no luck. Here is the exact error:

App: msinsctl.exe, Method: DEFAULT.M, RunType: Sampl, Vial: 1

DataFile: C:\msdchem\1\data\0101001.d

Macro: GC6890, Cmd: GC6890DLL = dllinstall(_exepath$+"hpgc6m00.dll")

Msg:

Cannot bring up GC

Any help is appreciated as I would like to get away from having to use BootP and always have a dedicated IP address for my GC :)
can you set the G1369A IP address to match that of the 4100? It could be that the GC won't work with the default IP of the G1369A. If memory serves, there may be a couple of dip switches that have to be in the right place to allow locking in of a user assigned IP address.
Thanks,
DR
Thanks for the reply DR, I'll give that a try.
Do you have the LAN card directly cabled to a NIC on the PC? I was told that you can't just put the 6890 on the network and then try to find it. So my control PC has two NIC's one for the network and one for connection to the 6890.
I just directly connected the GC to the computer. The computer isn't on a network. I even tried using a crossover cable to see if that was issue, still gave the same error.
pacerlaser wrote:
I just directly connected the GC to the computer. The computer isn't on a network. I even tried using a crossover cable to see if that was issue, still gave the same error.

You definitely need a hub if not using a crossover cable, they won't talk directly connected with a regular ethernet cable.

Edit: Oh and do you have the Agilent IO control program running, it should have a small icon in the tray by the clock. I think that is also required for them to communicate.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
6 posts Page 1 of 1