Spectra in Empower

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to extract spectra at a specific retention time in an injection with no peaks integrated (just baseline). I would like to pull the spectra at 2 minutes into a report in Empower 3, but despite my best efforts I can't find a way. Has anyone done this before that could provide some guidance?

Thank you in advance.
Brandon
When you have the spectra extracted at 2 mins, File< Save Chromatogram. Then its added as an extra channel to that injection under "Channels" tab. Preview Publish this chromatogram and add relevant peak tables/spectral plots in Report Publisher as needed.
Or just add a derived channel to your method set of PDA Single Wavelength, associate it with a Processing method, process your sample set with this method set and in the results specify a table in your report that only displays the spectra of the blank at 2 mins.
In the purity test, the waveform of the spectrum at the peak top and the waveform of all the spectra in the peak are corrected and the shapes are compared.
If the shape of the spectrum is different in the middle of the peak, firstly it should be considered that other components with different spectral waveforms co-elute with the peak.
This is how the determine purity is determined.
3 posts Page 1 of 1