HP Computer with chemstation unable to boot

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

9 posts Page 1 of 1
For Agilent 1100. It seems that fans turn on along with hard drive. However, unable to have anything on the monitor. changed monitor and still not able to get it work.

what is the best option forward? the chemistation is without registration.
jiangds06 wrote:
what is the best option forward?

Find a 10-year-old kid with glasses, he'll fix it.

Was the second monitor taken from a working system??? By the way, if I understand correctly, this is a computer/Windows issue in booting up/seeing monitor, not a Chemstation issue.
Consumer Products Guy wrote:
jiangds06 wrote:

Was the second monitor taken from a working system??? By the way, if I understand correctly, this is a computer/Windows issue in booting up/seeing monitor, not a Chemstation issue.

that was mean :) I don't think the kid can fix it.

and you are right. it is computer/window issue.
If computer is totally fried, could I buy chemstation CD and install it on another computer to run agilent 1100?
jiangds06 wrote:
Consumer Products Guy wrote:
jiangds06 wrote:

that was mean :) I don't think the kid can fix it.

and you are right. it is computer/window issue.
If computer is totally fried, could I buy chemstation CD and install it on another computer to run agilent 1100?

You only need the activation number that is on the box/envelope that came with the Chemstation. That number will work with any disk for Chemstation.

If you are using a DAD or FLD detector and acquire spectra there is a second number for the 3D chemstation you have to enter at setup.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
Have you tried to remove bios battary?
Mr. wrote:
Have you tried to remove bios battary?

Send me a Email. henry_lp04@hotmail.com
This is a system of CPU overheating. Quite common on older PCs.
Simply need to carefully remove the heat sink, clean and apply new heat sink paste, and replace the heat sink. You should at least get the bios screen at this point.
Scott Allison
HawkEye Analytical, LLC
www.hawkeye-analytical.com
jiangds06 wrote:
For Agilent 1100. It seems that fans turn on along with hard drive. However, unable to have anything on the monitor. changed monitor and still not able to get it work.

what is the best option forward? the chemistation is without registration.

Hello, get a new computer, look for XP SP1 operating system, verify what Lan card you have and quiet I can help you with the software.
I agree with HawkEye_Analytical_1, the problem is most likely caused by a heat sink (it may not be seated correctly or its thermal paste may be old, what happens more often). Check this video tutorial . You can also clean out a computer's case if there's dust in it, to unblock air flow.
The best essay writing reviews website usessay-writers.com updated with new reliable speedypaper review
9 posts Page 1 of 1