Chromeleon failing to start run?

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
We have recently updated from Total Chrom to Chromeleon 7.2.7. However we are currently experiencing an issue when configing a headspace autosampler to 2 GCs.
I'm really sorry if this is confusing, but I will do my best to explain.

We have a Perkin Elmer Clarus 580, Perkin Elmer Turbomatrix 110 Trao Headspace Autosampler and a Thermo Trace1310 with ISQ.

The PE Clarus and PE Headspace are fine controlled through Total Chrom.
The Thermo GCMS and PE Headspace are fine been controlled through the older version of Chromeleon 7.2.

We configure the PE Clarus to have the autosampler, FID and ECD and the Headspace sampler. It works fine.

We configure the Thermo GCMS and works fine.

We configure the PE headspace to also be on the GCMS, so we don't have to change configuration everytime.

Fails to send any start signals to the PE headspace to start incubating.

Removed the PE headspace from the Clarus and keep it on the MS works fine.

Removed the PE headspace from the Thermo GCMS and added it back to Clarus and fails to send any start signals.

Removed the PE headspace from the Clarus and added it to Thermo GCMS, and fails to send any signals start signals.

We have no idea, why it has suddenly started to fail sending signals. Has anyone any suggestions? Thoughts on what has happened?

Thank you.
Butter4530 wrote:
We have recently updated from Total Chrom to Chromeleon 7.2.7. However we are currently experiencing an issue when configing a headspace autosampler to 2 GCs.
I'm really sorry if this is confusing, but I will do my best to explain.

We have a Perkin Elmer Clarus 580, Perkin Elmer Turbomatrix 110 Trao Headspace Autosampler and a Thermo Trace1310 with ISQ.

The PE Clarus and PE Headspace are fine controlled through Total Chrom.
The Thermo GCMS and PE Headspace are fine been controlled through the older version of Chromeleon 7.2.

We configure the PE Clarus to have the autosampler, FID and ECD and the Headspace sampler. It works fine.

We configure the Thermo GCMS and works fine.

We configure the PE headspace to also be on the GCMS, so we don't have to change configuration everytime.

Fails to send any start signals to the PE headspace to start incubating.

Removed the PE headspace from the Clarus and keep it on the MS works fine.

Removed the PE headspace from the Thermo GCMS and added it back to Clarus and fails to send any start signals.

Removed the PE headspace from the Clarus and added it to Thermo GCMS, and fails to send any signals start signals.

We have no idea, why it has suddenly started to fail sending signals. Has anyone any suggestions? Thoughts on what has happened?

Thank you.

I had the same issue!
Saxulen - Did you ever find a remedy?

Currently running the Clarus through chromeleon with the headsapce, but it isn't always guaranteed to start. Then set the Thermo GCMS to manual injection and set the headspace up remotely and start through that.

We are currently looking to upgrade the GCs anyways, but it would be ideal to control everything through chromeleon.
3 posts Page 1 of 1