Is it possible to calculate CU (Acceptance Value) in Empower

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

21 posts Page 1 of 2
does any one know how to set up formula to calculate Content Uniformity (Acceptance Value L1) in Empower 2?

Please provide the formula if any one know how to set it up in Empower 2

Thanks!!
Hey Laloo!

I have the exact same question as you do.
To do this, you will have to develop some custom fields to handle the data generated by Empower during an analysis.

The thing is that AV calcs are common in the industry and I am wondering if this has been done already. I am fairly sure that it has been done. I would simply like to find this custom field(s).

I saw that you posted about a year ago. Have you made any progress on this issue???????

I'd be happy to hear from you either way. Regards

u can do that using excel sheet..........why to creat a custom field in empower for such a simple calculation..
It is possible to do it in Empower 1154 and of course in Empower 2. I have created custom fields to determine which case (6 situations) and based on that it calculates the Acceptance Value. Furthmore, it gives a Pass for AV<=15 or Fail for AV>15

shahis77 wrote:
u can do that using excel sheet..........why to creat a custom field in empower for such a simple calculation..

When you can do something by Empower, it's better to do it by Empower because Empower is a secure and a validated system.
Here is what the custom field for acceptance value. This is a good way to do it because it requires nothing for the analyst to setup in the sample set.

EQ(GZ_Selection,10)*(GT((%.%.%.SUM(GZ_Content_U*EQ(GZ_Selection,10))/10)
,101.5)*(((%.%.%.SUM(GZ_Content_U*EQ(GZ_Selection,10))/10)-101.5)+2.4*
CU_STD_DEV)+LT((%.%.%.SUM(GZ_Content_U*EQ(GZ_Selection,10))/10),98.5)
*((98.5-(%.%.%.SUM(GZ_Content_U*EQ(GZ_Selection,10))/10))+2.4*CU_STD_DEV)+
RANGE((%.%.%.SUM(GZ_Content_U*EQ(GZ_Selection,10))/10),98.5,101.5)*2.4*
CU_STD_DEV)+EQ(GZ_Selection,11)*(GT((%.%.%.SUM(GZ_Content_U*
EQ(GZ_Selection,11))/10),101.5)*(((%.%.%.SUM(GZ_Content_U*EQ(GZ_Selection,11))
/10)-101.5)+2.4*CU_STD_DEV)+LT((%.%.%.SUM(GZ_Content_U*
EQ(GZ_Selection,11))/10),98.5)*((98.5-(%.%.%.SUM(GZ_Content_U*
EQ(GZ_Selection,11))/10))+2.4*CU_STD_DEV)
+RANGE((%.%.%.SUM(GZ_Content_U*
EQ(GZ_Selection,11))/10),98.5,101.5)*2.4*CU_STD_DEV)+
EQ(GZ_Selection,12)*(GT((%.%.%.SUM(GZ_Content_U*EQ(GZ_Selection,12))/10),101.5)
*(((%.%.%.SUM(GZ_Content_U*EQ(GZ_Selection,12))/10)-101.5)+2.4*CU_STD_DEV)+
LT((%.%.%.SUM(GZ_Content_U*EQ(GZ_Selection,12))/10),98.5)*((98.5-(%.%.%.SUM(GZ_Content_U*EQ(GZ_Selection,12))/10))+2.4*CU_STD_DEV)+
RANGE((%.%.%.SUM(GZ_Content_U*EQ(GZ_Selection,12))/10),98.5,101.5)
*2.4*CU_STD_DEV)

Note to self - try this one!

Thanks EmpowerGuru! (and welcome to the board)
Thanks,
DR

GZ_Selection and GZ_Content_U correspond to what?
Thanks,
DR
GZ_Selection is an enumerator that is used as a drop down selection in the sample set. use as position. its has three selection: cu group 1, cur group 2, and cu group 3.
Content U is the actual result for the individual sample
Hey Guys
I am using a similar custom field but it works fine with one or maybe 2 lots but anything more than that it takes for ever to calcuate AV sometimes 4 hours
and sometimes it would crash... wud do it for 3 lots then half way thru 4 it stops

anyone else have that issue with this custom field?

So what we ended up doing is cutting the formula down to include only 3 lots at a time but thats not very efficient

I had to limit it to three lots or it would crash.

Sorry.

If you could convince the lab to manually enter the result into the sample set and if you adjusted the custom field to use that value, it may work for any number of lots.
I have created the Custom Fields and they do not crash regardless of the number of samples. However, I created multiple fields, for T Value, M Value, Number of Units, Upper and Lower Assay Values and a Multiplier. It doesn't take a long time to calculate it either. I will post it one day, after I take the credit at my company...someone may be watching :wink:
http://cdsman.com/CU1.JPG
Nice. I showed a printout of Empowerguru's solution to a Waters rep - he said it was a "system crasher". I look forward to seeing your solution.

PS - I think Waters has included a solution in Empower 3.
Thanks,
DR
It doesn't crash. Several labs are using it everyday. I crammed most of it into one custom field so that the validation would be easier. I validate each custom field so it is faster with less fields for me.
EmpowerGuru wrote:
It doesn't crash. Several labs are using it everyday. I crammed most of it into one custom field so that the validation would be easier. I validate each custom field so it is faster with less fields for me.

My formula is kind of similar, but keep in mind that RANGE does not include the boundries so, instead of starting from 98.5 to 101.5, your range should be from 98.45 to 101.51
21 posts Page 1 of 2