No LAN option on 6890N

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
When I follow the instructions in this https://www.agilent.com/cs/library/support/documents/a05294.pdf document, on page 2 where it says to scroll to Communications then hit Enter, instead of getting LAN options I get "COMMUNICATION SETPTS" and then GPIB and RS-232 information instead of LAN. I can't find anything in the options there or in any of the manuals to get it to accept LAN information.

When I plug a cable into the Ethernet port in the back of the 6890N, I get two green lights; I get one green and one flashing amber light on my computer.

What am I doing wrong?
Are you sure you have 6890N and not 6890+ or 6890A upgraded with G1369A communication card. If you have G1369A card installed you would need bootP program that comes with Chemstation and with it you configure IP of GC
You most likely have a JetDirect 400N card. Even though an RJ-45 connector still fits, this is not the same as being a 6890N. Agilent sells the LAN communication upgrade: https://www.agilent.com/store/productDe ... 1369-60012.
3 posts Page 1 of 1