Finding IP adress of agilent 1100

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I'm trying to configure an Agilent 1100 system. The HPLC is from a lab that was does not exist anymore. The problem I have is I don't know the Ip adress of the HPLC. Is there a way to find it out?

Best regards
MrGC wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to configure an Agilent 1100 system. The HPLC is from a lab that was does not exist anymore. The problem I have is I don't know the Ip adress of the HPLC. Is there a way to find it out?

Best regards

Try this:
https://www.softperfect.com/products/networkscanner/
or similar program.
I guess you should be able to remove the LAN interface module from the Agilent module.
Then there are some dip switches which configures how the IP adress is set.
One setting assigns the default values, from there you can set a new IP adress by Telnet session.

Search for the manual of your type of interface card at Agilent
https://www.agilent.com/search/en/suppo ... +900007550
eg: G1369A or G1369B

Remember, if you want to connect the PC directly to the LAN module, make sure to use a cross-over Ethernet cable. Or use a network switch and two 'normal' cables
And of course set the IP adress of the PC temporarly to the same network to get a connection.
If it is 1100 it probably has G1369x card installed in one of the module.This is the card that communicates with PC and instrument. G1369A usually doesn't have assigned IP address but you have to install BotP program that comes with chemstations and assign IP in configuration table based on MAC address of the card
If you have G1369B card you can switch jumper 6 to on and it will use default IP which is 192.168.254.11, you can then use telnet to assign other IP

If you have control module you can check IP with it, if I remember correctly it is under module info of module that is hosting G1369x card
There are lots of ways, but if you have a hand held control module AND connect it directly to the module with the LAN card, then it will show you the actual MAC address and the currently set IP address of the LAN card installed inside.
5 posts Page 1 of 1