Dionex Chromeleon error message

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Has anybody ever seen an error message in Chromeleon saying "Data Aquisiton Programs cannt be run for themselves"?

We just installed a Dionex GP40 into our system and not only needed to install new firmware, but also replace the BIOS chip. Just seeing if anybody knew before I had to pay somebody to fix it. Thanks.

it is a common error message when running a program without a sequence.

basically you do not need a sequence to run programs. which is great since it let's you set up your instrument to do just about anything that can't be done by the instrument.
almost anything. there is only one thing that can only be done by running using a sequence and that is acquiring data/chromatogram.

go to the commands in the program.
delete every line that is related to a command containing:
AcquisitionOn
AcquisitionOff

Thanks. I tried your suggestion, but the message still shows up. My program looked like this:

Pressure.LowerLimit = 0 [psi]
Pressure.UpperLimit = 5000 [psi]
%A.Equate = "%A"
%B.Equate = "%B"
%C.Equate = "%C"
%D.Equate = "%D"
Pump_InjectValve.State LoadPosition
Data_Collection_Rate = 5.0 [Hz]
Temperature_Compensation = 1.7 [%/°C]
DS3_Temperature = 30 [°C]
SRS_Current = 300 [mA]
Flow = 1.50 [ml/min]
%B = 0.0 [%]
%C = 0.0 [%]
%D = 100.0 [%]
Curve = 5

-2.400 ECD_Relay_2.Open Duration=6.00

-2.300 ECD_Relay_2.CLOSED Duration=138.00

0.000 Autozero
ECD_1.AcqOn
Pump_InjectValve.InjectPosition Duration=60.00

5.000 ECD_1.AcqOff
End

So I deleted the AcqOn and AcqOff but the message still shows up. What am I doing wrong here?

ECD_1.AcqOn
ECD_1.AcqOff

kill those 2

unmgvar wrote:
it is a common error message when running a program without a sequence.

basically you do not need a sequence to run programs. which is great since it let's you set up your instrument to do just about anything that can't be done by the instrument.
almost anything. there is only one thing that can only be done by running using a sequence and that is acquiring data/chromatogram.

go to the commands in the program.
delete every line that is related to a command containing:
AcquisitionOn
AcquisitionOff

Mr
Please contact me vadbme@yahoo.fr

If you succesfully removed the Acquisition On and Acquisition Off commands from the program file, but still get the error, there might be another case. It is possible you defined a program file in the "Error Handling" Tab page of the Batch:

Open the batch dialog, go to the "error handling" tab, and check if there's a program selected in "emergency program" or "power failure handling". If yes, also remove the Acquisition On and Acquisition Off commands from these programs.

Good luck!

Barbara van Cann
Dionex
Hi to all of you.
I'm using a Dionex Ultimate 3000 RS system connected to a QExactive plus MS. Sequences are run from Xcalibur. The sequence I was trying to run now was aborted in the middle of the run. The following error message was displayed:
(UV) Error reading from DAD-3000 \USB.... A device attached to the system is not functioning.
(UV) Driver has disconnected.
Afret that I tried to restart the sequence, and there was no error state displayed for the DAD anymore. So it should work. But it didn't...
Then the following error message was displayed:
Cannot start sequence. (Device is not remote. The batch will need about 4100K disk space on drive c: (59470000K available)...
Any experience with such a problem? Any help very much appreciated...
Hello

I have the same error
8 posts Page 1 of 1