Installing Chemstation A.09.03

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

We've been running a Agilent GC 6850 (with LAN connection) on a Windows 2000 computer which seems to have a failing hard drive. I'm attempting to install this version of Chemstation on either Windows 10 or Windows 7 so we can use an existing computer with the GC instead of buying a new one. So far I've been able to install Chemstation on Windows 10 (32 bit) but it won't let me open the software, it just gives messages saying "can't locate file xxx.dll" where xxx is a different file name every time I press ok.

Has anyone ever done this successfully?

Thanks!
We used A.09.03 with Windows 2000 successfully but never tried it on a newer version of Windows, GPIB/HPIB communication.

I can't remember how our LAN instruments were hooked up.
I also never managed to install A version (16 bit) directly to Windows 10, but you can hook it up trough virtual machine. For more than a year I have used 2 HPLCs connected on Windows 10 running vmware with Window XP guest and Chemstation A.10.02 until IT decided that XP pose to much of security risk (viruses).

Edit: Well what I was trying to say you can hook it up to guest Windows 2000 and it should work
It could be in your best interest to get the B.04.03 version of Chemstation. This version supports Windows 7 and with some tricks, Windows 10 also.
4 posts Page 1 of 1