Chromeleon 6.8 vs. 7.2 for Agilent 1200

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

For several years we have been running an Agilent 1100 with Chromeleon 6.8. It works good enough but there are several features not available with this configuration such as not being able to save pressure data for later troubleshooting. We have Chromeleon 7.2 on another computer but I haven't bothered to purchase the Agilent driver for Chromeleon 7.2 to allow us to switch the 1100 to that computer. We have recently acquired an Agilent 1200. I am trying to decide if I want to set the 1200 up on a Chromeleon 6.8 computer or the Chromeleon 7.2 computer. The new driver for 7.2 is about $4800 so I want to make sure that the functionality has improved enough to be worth it.

Is anyone running an Agilent 1200 with Chromeleon 7.2 and could you tell me if it has been working well? Are you able to save the pressure data? Does the instrument control work well?

Thanks so much,

Karen
You can record pump pressure also in Chromeleon 6.80, it is described in the help.
Briefly: Go to the server configuration and install a "virtual channel driver" and call it "Pump_pressure". Then add to your programs these two lines:

Pump_Pressure.Formula Formula=Pump.Pressure
Pump_Pressure.Type = Analog

Start /stop pressure recording with Pump_Pressure.AcqOn and AcqOff. No need to upgrade to 7.2 if this is your only issue with 6.8.

Regards
Jörg
Thanks Jorg. This is very helpful and I will try this with my 1100.

Have you used Chromeleon 7.2 for running an Agilent 1200? I have both software versions in my lab being used for different instruments. My Agilent 1100 is on one of the old computers with Chromeleon 6.8. My Chromeleon 7.2 was set up to run my Perkin Elmer GC and I really like it. I just got an Agilent 1200 and I'm wondering which computer to set it up with. Getting a driver and timebase for the Chromeleon 7.2 will be more expensive and I'm trying to find out if it is worth the extra money.

Thanks again.

Karen
3 posts Page 1 of 1