# Of Results Stored column

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I processed a sample set which had 4 standards and 9 samples, and I set up my bracketing routine as follows:
Clear Calibration.
Inject Standards- Normal
Inject Samples x 3- Don't Process or Report (Label U1, U2 and U3)
Inject Standards- Normal
Inject Samples x 3 - Don't Process or Report (Label U4, U5 and U6)
Inject Standards- Normal
Inject Samples x 3- Don't Process or Report (Label U7, U8 and U9)
Inject Standards- Normal
Quantitate U*

When I process the run im getting 2 for the "# of results stored" for each standard and 3 for each sample, shouldn't this just be 1 of each? Im only injecting my standards once, my samples once and using all the stds throughout run to construct the calibration curve, and this curve is used to quantitate all samples. I don't know where the 2 and 3 are coming from any ideas??
Hi ,

Yes I have had similar issues
Reason for duplicate standard as these are normal then you have clear calibration , quantitate (replace calibrate stds with 'don't process and report'
for samples in triplicate you are quantifying of each standard curve (bracket) with Quantitate 'U'

All this processing , functions and 'don't process and report /normal goes back to millennium 32 days , why ?... that's for another debate !

I'm guessing sample set is not set up using wizard
Worth having a sample set template to look at which has been created using wizard for quantitation as per you method then edit accordingly with functions and labels

On duplicate data - is this not a data integrity issue ?
Could an auditor for example question this ?
But in the end the root cause is a combination of sample set management and Empower algorithms ?

Thanks
Thanks for that but I think now its to do with number of times run was processed. I copied over a run into another project both with full audit trail and there seemed to be a stamp of 1 carried over into the project then the more I processed it the number of results went up. Empower must keep a copy and start at 1 when transferring data from 1 project to another.
3 posts Page 1 of 1