Custom Fields coding

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Is there any deep formula or syntax explanation for how custom fields are created from the coding department in Empower 3 or is that stuff kept under lock and key for IP reasons? I have learned a lot about them but only through trial and error, I know there is a lot of info on the net but that's often of the "Try this and it will work" with little to no explanation as to how Oracle treats the syntax or how exactly the syntax for intersample custom fields can be varied etc.
As far as I can tell, it's all governed by Oracle, so the Oracle gurus out there know how this stuff works. Of course, attempting to change anything on the oracle side of things is a gross violation of the EULA, punishable by installation of LAS and a basic compiler on an old CP/M machine. (that one's just for the old timers).
Thanks,
DR
Thanks DR, anyone here any good at Oracle coding?

Its used worldwide in banks and airports for database storage so there has to be some common traits to it.
3 posts Page 1 of 1