Multiple summary custom fields in one sample set?

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Is it possible to calculate multiple summary custom fields in the one sample set if I use different labels? Heres what I want: The sum of all amounts of 1 batch divided by a figure in CConst1: I label each batch the same and the formula is: Peak, Real, Calculated:
SAME.%..SUM(Amount)/CConst1.

I have 3 sets of batches (10 samples per batch) and I label all 10 samples of the 1st batch as A, the second batch as B and the third batch as C and I add summarize custom fields to the end of the sample set. But when I process the run and look at results im not getting the correct value at all, its either too high or too low and I don't even know where the figures are coming from. Does anyone know is it possible to do this calculation or am I missing something small..
Group by label is an option for your results table(s) if you add a label column. This may sort it for you.
Thanks,
DR
Thanks DR, the only problem is, I wouldn't get the value divided by CConst1. If it was just a summary of the amounts that would be ok but I need to divide this by CConst1.

Strange thing is it works perfectly when the samples are between two bracketing standards (in other words, Standard, 6 samples all labelled with A, Standard, Clear Calibration, Calibrate and Quantitate). But if I split these labels over 2 bracketing standard sets it doesn't work. The answer is only off by a few figures so I don't know whats going on. I tried calculating with full 14 d.p precision and comparing with calculator but they are still off.

This is the first time i have not had a summary custom field not return whats expected. I always thought Empower FIRST calculated your amounts, area etc and then calcualted summary custom fields before the result set is generated. If anyone out there knows whats going on let me know, Its driving me nuts!
3 posts Page 1 of 1