Column Switcher Control

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Please help - I am trying to control a Rheodyne 6 column changer with Chemstation ver. A.08.03. I spoke with Agilent and I have all the connections right but am still havign trouble getting the software to control the switcher. I have the BCD card installed and the injector configured to use the BCD card for Binary output. I changed the contacts to a timetable program to switch through all the columns and it was acepted by the software. I then try to inject a sample and run the program and nothing happens with the clumn switcher. What am I missing? Do I need an injector program? If so can you recommend how to write it. I've never ventured that deep into the software before.
Thanks in advance.

Do you have 1050 or 1100? 1050 pump and autosampler modules each can deliver time programmed contact closures and 24 volts DC, programmable through the software (see More autosampler, More pump). The 1100s have more flexibilty through the optional autosampler accessory that mounts on the rear (maybe $350). Provide more information.
The system is an 1100. I have installed the additional card from Agilent and the software recognizes it. I have selected the BCD card for "binary output" on the injector configuration screen. I also did the timed program as suggested in both the manual and the Agilent help desk, however it isn't working. Wiring was confirmed as correct by the Agilent help desk. Reading through the 1100 help section it says that the "output" function on the injector program needs to be used, however I can't get that to work either. I think my problem lies in the way I am writing the injector program.
Hello Tommyboy1121
If you send me an email I will have our Rheodyne tech support people contact you. I am dsouthern@idexcorp.com and with your email address we can try to help you.
Cheers
Derek Southern
Lean Champion
4 posts Page 1 of 1