How does Empower 3 Impurity tab take RRF into account?

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I have a related substances method which is a simple (Area of impurity, both known and unknown, divided by area of active*100). Im trying to use Empower 3 impurity tab and im picking "% Area against Main component" as my impurity response but how does it take into account varying RRF factors of your known impurities? I know that you can put the RRF values against your knowns when you select the active as a "Curve Reference" but how does Empower take this into account when calculating Impurity response and does Empower automatically take any unknowns as an RRF of 1 or do you have to name all your unknowns in the component editor and assign them a curve of the active too?

There is an option when summing impurity groups called "Source of X value" and if you pick Curve, Sum peaks does this multiply the area by the RRF?
EmpowersBane wrote:
I have a related substances method which is a simple (Area of impurity, both known and unknown, divided by area of active*100). Im trying to use Empower 3 impurity tab and im picking "% Area against Main component" as my impurity response but how does it take into account varying RRF factors of your known impurities? I know that you can put the RRF values against your knowns when you select the active as a "Curve Reference" but how does Empower take this into account when calculating Impurity response and does Empower automatically take any unknowns as an RRF of 1 or do you have to name all your unknowns in the component editor and assign them a curve of the active too?

There is an option when summing impurity groups called "Source of X value" and if you pick Curve, Sum peaks does this multiply the area by the RRF?

If memory serves: RRFs are a factor in the numerator portion of the Empower amount calculation. They effectively multiply your peak area by an amount and the product of this operation is treated like any other amount.
Hope this helps.
Thanks,
DR
Hi

make sure RRF are entered into 'Relative response' column and not Impurity RRF' if using calibrate quantitate functions and curve ref

Note RRF value will be the reciprocal ie RRF 0.46 for deg peak = 1/0.46 = 2.1739 in Empower
3 posts Page 1 of 1