ChemStation B.04.02 Not Ready

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Dear all,

I am working with an Agilent 1200 equippped with degasser, quaternary pump, autosampler and DAD. Originally it was eqipped with an ELSD as well but, few days ago we disconnected it.

I disinstalled Chemstation, I disconnected the ELSD, and we re-installed the software.

Now, the problem is that the modules are recognised, they have green icons and they look ready but Chemstation is 'not ready' (red) and not turn into the ready mode (green).

When I launch the run this is what happen:

1) The status of the system change from 'Not Ready' (in red) to 'Run in progress/data aquisition' (in blu)
2) Where it was written 'last run' and '00' it appears 'nRdy Wait' and '10.0'
3) A countdown from 10.0 to 0.0 starts.
4) When the countdown arrive at 0.0 a new window appears: 'instrument nRdy timeout occured'
5) After that the situation comes back to the starting point (Not ready in red)

It looks like the HPLC is waiting for something to be ready but I can not find any info about what it is waiting for. Even in the loogbook I can not have any info a part
'method started'
'instrument running sample vial 1'
'instrument nRdy timeout occured'
and, eventually, 'method aborted'.

I would like to underlight that:
1) I checked the firmwares and they are updated
2) I checked all the cables and they are not loosing
3) The HPLC does not ask for the missing ELSD so, I suppose, it is not the problem...
4) The ELSD was connected via an RS 232 cable to the PC.

I do not know what to do or check...
Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers

Chiara
Hi there,
The logbook can be very frustrating in cases like this I know.
Is there a way to set up a new method starting with default.m and then trying running the new method. I mention this as I have found on occasion that methods seem to get corrupted for no apparent reasons leading to strange behaviour.

You may also want to check that although the ELSD has been removed physically it has also been removed in the method. We have found that on occasion the use of nonstandard detectors connected through ADC or RS232 leads to quirks.

Hope this helps
Kevin
Hi Kevin,

Just to let you know that I solved the problem.
In the editor configuration I put a wrong configuration:

Modular LC System
1100/1200 access
IP adress 192.168.254.11
Common Istr Ctrl
Access point

The last 2 lines were not needed and they refer to the old ELSD connection (I suppose).
Once I deleted the last two rows, the system was ready to go and everything was working well.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your post.
Have a good day

Chiara
3 posts Page 1 of 1