MassLynx beginner -Quantification: area or highest intensity

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I'm trying to quantify quercetin, i.e. in human plasma. 1) Which is the best way to quantify it? By highest intensity or area? 2) And when it comes to the detection of the area, do you use QuanLynx? Because until now, I measured everything by hand and it takes ages. At the moment I am just investigating quercetin in methanol as a standrad solution. And I always measured the area of my fragments in MRM mode - is this the correct way?

Thanks alot!
Nora
You've cross-posted in 2 places which can be confusing. I've answered the first part of your query in your other post. As to MRMs, yes, for high-sensitivity targeted analysis, they're a good approach. Be slightly cautious about your injection solvent. If you inject in a solvent that is strong enough to elute the analyte, like MeOH, then as your injection volume increases, your chromatography will deteriorate and peak shape will widen. It's best to keep the injection solvent similar to the initial mix for running your gradient (or the running solvent if using isocratic), or at least keep it reasonably "weak", consistent with the sample remaining properly dissolved.
2 posts Page 1 of 1