Agilent GCMS chemstation Instrument control offline

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
MS is connected. but not GC. can trigger the injection, but abort and not acquiring any data after injection.

the loss of connection was sudden and not any physical change made to the system.

has a gerstel MAS system linked too.
jiangds06 wrote:
MS is connected. but not GC. can trigger the injection, but abort and not acquiring any data after injection.

the loss of connection was sudden and not any physical change made to the system.

I had a 5975 do this before and it was the remote cable that connects from the back of the MS to the GC, looks like a DB9 Serial port on the MS end. The cable was never moved but somehow it went bad, replacing it fixed the problem.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
Thank you so much for your replay. but how did you find out? by replacing one by one?
does your chemstation GC portion show as offline in chemstation?

and I can see MS temperatures show up on the chemstation monitor.

James_Ball wrote:
jiangds06 wrote:

I had a 5975 do this before and it was the remote cable that connects from the back of the MS to the GC, looks like a DB9 Serial port on the MS end. The cable was never moved but somehow it went bad, replacing it fixed the problem.
jiangds06 wrote:
does your chemstation GC portion show as offline in chemstation?

and I can see MS temperatures show up on the chemstation monitor.

James_Ball wrote:
jiangds06 wrote:

I can't remember if the GC would go offline, but all the MS reading were normal, but once it tried to inject the run would either not start or act as if it completed as soon as it injected.

The Agilent tech suggested that as the fix, I thought it was crazy but it turned out that was the problem. I never figured out how as standard serial cable that never moves would go bad, but somehow it did.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
5 posts Page 1 of 1