Waters 2998 ethernet communication issue

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello Everyone,

I'm (a rookie) technician in an analytical laboratory (Nice Area, South France, apology for my poor english)

It's been a few days since we tried to put a Waters AutoPurification System back into service (improperly stored since 23 months), without success.

Here's our issue:

All modules detectors seems to properly start up except one : 2998 PDA (with new lamp) detector.

Although the front instrument lights are steady green, the pda is not recognize by MassLynx software (main soft, and other utilities soft like Autoloader & Co...)

A quick look behind the instrument, onto the ethernet hub, shows there's no communication between PDA detector and SFO module (and consequently MassLynx PC, thank you capt'n obvious).

Usual checks (ethernet cables working / all hub positions working) do not solve the problem.

Waters support team, for the moment, not succeed to diagnose.

So if anyone already experimented that problem, or could suggest a point that we have not properly check, it would be valuable.

Once again apology for my english
Hi

did your usual checks also include a check for the IP/Subnet addresses, that means can you ping the IP of the PDA?

If not, check the IP settings of the PDA and the network interface card.
Maybe ping one module at a time, in case two have the same IP address.
Maybe also check the ARP table (and/or clear it) to see which MAC addresses are recognized.
For Empower (guess will be similar for Masslynx) normaly the systems are in the 192.168.0.X and guess something like 64.1.1.1 networks (maybe I can check it next time I'm in the lab).

Unlikely but also have a look at the firewall settings (if any). Maybe a certain IP address is blocked.

In case you connect the modules directly to the PC (without the switch in between), it's highly possible that you'll need a crossover adapter/cable. Maybe check with a known good one, if you still can ping this one.

UPDATE/Correction:
the Networks are: 192.168.0.1 / 255.255.255.0 and 64.1.1.1 / 255.0.0.0
2 posts Page 1 of 1