Why does this happen when processing a run?

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Can anyone shed light on this?

When I process a run using the "Acquisition Method Set" its fine and I get a complete result set but when I pick "Selected Method Set" I often get only half the run processed with errors in the Message centre saying there isn't enough memory to complete processing.

Could it be that when I pick a certain method set that has processing methods that have been updated since acquisition the extra memory is too large? Because it doesn't happen with the acquisition method set.
If you select the acquisition Method Set from the "Selected Method Set" menu, it processes normally?

Are "problematic" processing methods different wavelengths or spectra?
Thanks for the reply DavidHPLC.

So I ran a related substances sample set in one project,then cloned this sample set into a testing project to try out lots of custom fields calculations on the peaks (intersample summaries, multiplying amounts by CConst values etc).

Yes, I run samples with a method set with 2 derived channels (single wavelengths) and two corresponsong proc methods. Waters have told me that raw data file space may be too big as processed runs are calculating custom fields for each peak and across 2 channels but when I select acquisition method set it always works.

I sometimes have the same project open twice- once as a superuser to edit formulas and the second as an analyst trying out the update. Maybe I should be logging out of Empower to "activate" each custom field update before processing a run again. Any thoughts welcome!
3 posts Page 1 of 1