Is this custom field too long and unreliable?

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
I have been tasked with setting up a Custom Field which will transform this formula: (Difference between weight adjusted peak areas/Mean of weight adjusted peak areas)*100) into an Empower CF.

I run two standards (A and B) and to weight adjust our active we multiply the area x (Theoretical/Actual) value and I created two Peak, Real, Calculated custom fields for this as follows:

A.%.(Area) * (CConst3/CConst1) and B.%.(Area) * (CConst3/CConst2)

CConst1 = Sampleweight for A, CConst2 = Sampleweight for B, CConst3 = Theoretical Sampleweight

So my final formula looks like this, does this look like it will crash after repeated use?

ABS(((Wt_Adjust_A-Wt_Adjust_B)/((Wt_Adjust_A+Wt_Adjust_B)/2)))*100.
Should work. I have seen much, much longer CFs that work.
Thanks,
DR
Thats good to hear! I remember a post here from a year or so ago where someone had devised a custom field for content uniformity and it was crazy long. I wasn't sure how long is too long, since I normally only create simpler custom fields.
I've since seen way longer ones than that CU one that work well.

PS - Though I never did get that long CU one to work for me, I did devise a set of CFs that do correctly calculate AV for CU. :) Instead of one super long one, it's a set of several small ones that work together.
Thanks,
DR
4 posts Page 1 of 1