electrical spikes on peak shoulder of dx 120

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys,

I have been working on Dionex DX 120 for anion estimation. From last few weeks, I have been facing a problem with the peaks. I find some tall spikes (might be electrical noise) at the start or end of every peak (shoulder) in the chromatogram and those spikes eat up the peak area resulting in lowering the net amount of anion. I can not find the problem's solution. Does it have to do anything with peaknet software?

I would really appreciate anybody's response on this issue.

Thanks

If you're using an external CDS, I'd check the wiring and connections between the analog signal output & the A/D converter.

If you have the means, I'd also check the detector (calibration check) to see if it's generating the noise - could be a bad amp. board.
Thanks,
DR
2 posts Page 1 of 1