MS ChemStation for HP 5971A

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
We Have an old GC-MS with the 5971A. We have the MS ChemStation B.02.02, but we want upgrade that software, how we can do that?
Thanks for your help in advance!
Agilent considers that stuff obsolete, out of support. I'd contact their partner Alpha Omega http://www.alphaomegatech.com/. Alpha Omega deals in stuff like this. I've heard conflicting info, but I've heard there's an issue if trying to update 5971A to Windows 95. Our 5971A is on Win 3.1 with C1034 software, runs fine. We ahve upgraded its computer to a Pentium 1, though, over the years, sure better than the 16MHz 386 it came with !!!

Thanks for your help!
One more thing, do you can tell me how much can coust that upgrade?
Thanks again for your help!
Basically, we upgraded from Windows 286/386 to Windows 3.0 about 12 years ago and moved up to a demo 486 unit (remember, computers cost a lot back then). Then maybe a year later we upgraded to G1034C and Win 3.1, maybe cost a few thousand, HP didn't just give away their software. This latest upgrade to Pentium didn't cost anything as same software was used. Our newer units 5972A uses Win 95 and G1701.AA and is extremely similar to the 5971A system; the newest 5973 inert MSD uses Windows XP. I guess my question is why is there need to upgrade? Sure, the quantitation software including stacking chromatograms using registers is a little funky, but still works great.
4 posts Page 1 of 1