I can't change the loop size in chromeleon

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello, can someone helping me please? I can't change the loop size in chromeleon command (it's hided). I have a dionex ICS-3000 with a 25ul sample loop and want to change with a 10ul but i can't enter the new value in control pannel. How can I proceed please?

i don't have an IC system in my lab, but if it is possible to change the loop size of the sampler, then the new setting has to be made in the server configuration and not in the panel.

Of course you can. The loop size/injection volume goes with your project/method, not with your control panel. You can change it through method edition or the VB method window.

I partly agree with unmgvar, in that the change must be done in the Server. However, you can change the syringe (size) but not the sample loop (size).

I do not have the same system listed by Lyser. However, in CM, I can change the syringe size this way:
Choose Server configuration.
-> Click on "Autosampler"
-> ->Select Tab "Syringe and Stroke Sync"
-> -> -> Click on the Select button "250uL" or any others
-> -> -> ->Click OK.

Hope that this helps.

Alfred
Lyser,

First off, if you changed the sample loop and want your instrumentation setup to reflect this, changing a loop size can be done through the front panel of your AS. Press the menu button until you get to the main menu screen, then press 5 then press 3 which should be used to the plumbing options setup screen where you can enter the loop volume. If you want to change the injection volume in your sequence, it's one of the standard columns in the sequence. You use this to define the volume of sample loaded during the loop loading process.

Chris
5 posts Page 1 of 1