signal to noise ratio?

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
HOw to get signal to noise ratio and resolution between two peaks using Chemstation for Agilent 1100?

thanks

zimanli,

When you're creating report in Data Analysis go to the menu bar Report/Specify Report and then choose the type of the report: Performance + Noise (if you want to have the noise in your report with resolution etc)

Hope this helps

thanks
have a nice day

I have signal/noise column, but it is all - without numbers.
DO I need to set any parameters to get signal to noise ratio for each peak?

thanks

Ok, I forgot to tell you to follow the entire procedure when you're creating a new method...

Anyway, in order to obtain your S/N values in the report you'll have to do the following:

1)In Method and Run Control click on the Menu bar Method

2)From the fall-down menu select Edit Entire Method

3)Input your method parameters (if you haven't done it already) for flow, injector, column compartment, signal...

4)When you'll get to the parameter: Specify Report in the window select the Report Style to be Performance+Noise and click OK to close the window

5)At the end of the method editing you'll come to a box that specifies the parameter Signal to Noise. Enter the time windows in which you want S/N to be measured by the software.

6)At the end save the method and run your analyses

7)If you want to change the time windows for S/N measuring during the optimization of your method just start the procedure from 1) and follow the instructions.

In your report you'll get the numbers for S/N for the specified time window(s) that you have already set in the method.

I hope this helps
Good luck
5 posts Page 1 of 1