Chemstation query

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Could somebody shed some light on a problem i've got with a 1100 series HPLC and chemstation.

We have got a FID and VWD detector installed but mainly use the FID detector. However, for some reason theVWD detector is now in use as well.

Does anybody know how to remove the VWD detector leaving me with just the FID detector.

Thanks in advance

steve

you can go to menu bar "Instrument" and then look for "Configure 1100 Access". From there you ca nadd or remove the modues.

I guess FID should be FLD?

Like poster stated, use "Configure 1100 Access" and highlight VWD on the right, click arrow left to "remove", then turn off the power to the VWD module, and restart ChemStation.

Consumer Products Guy wrote:
Like poster stated, use "Configure 1100 Access" and highlight VWD on the right, click arrow left to "remove", then turn off the power to the VWD module, and restart ChemStation.

Let me correct it, if the instrument is connected to ChemStaion through the VWD, switching the detector OFF will reflect in non-communication of the instrument.

The proper way is to go to the the "Instrument", select "Configure 1100 access", from the right hand side select VWD and click on "Remove" followed by "OK". System will ask to reboot ChemStation. Restart the ChemStation. The VWD will be removed from the configuration.

<B>Note: Do not switch off the detector if it is connected directly to the PC running ChemStation.</B>

Please let me know if you need more info on this.

regards,

i'm stumbling on the first hurdle with this one.

when i go to the instrument drop down menu i cant find the configure 1100 access as described.

am i missing something obvious?

thanks

steve

You need to enable full menu :)
To do this
Go to "View", & select "full menu" & then try.

Please let me know if your problem is solved.
regards,

cheers chromatocrat,

all sort now.

thanks

steve
7 posts Page 1 of 1