Cheapest software for a 5890?

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello, I'm working on setting up an old 5890 right now and am looking for some cheap (ha!) software. I am only analyzing for one compound (ethylene). I don't need any advanced data options, I only need to be able to see how much ethylene is in a sample.

I am debating a chart recorder, but I think a PC set-up would be much easier. I already have a PC with ISA ports and the HPIB boards are only like 50 bucks or so (i'm unsure about drivers for them).

Any help on how to set up the cheapest possible GC would be appreciated. Thanks.

GC

From which region are you?

Maybe I can help you

Best regards Chris

I'm in West Michigan

Vox,

Third attempt to post is a charm.... Anyway.... Look on LabX or ebay for integrators. HP 3393 would do what you want but you would not have much flexibilty. Look on LabX (Chromatograph-Data System) for Baseline Chromtech data system for $500. Uses and A/D connected to a serial port to collect data. Requires a USB port for power. I have not tried it but it is the least expensive I have found so far specifically for chromatography.

Best regards, let me know how it goes.

Ask info©labicom.cz. Their software CSW was able to control several GCs.

[quote="Sadilek"]Ask info©labicom.cz. Their software CSW was able to control several GCs.[/quote]

dataApex CSW1.7/CSW32 software is no more produced nor supported, it was replaced by Clarity. Check our web pages www.dataapex.com for available options and your local distributors -

Clarity Lite + A/D converter for analog data acquisition

Clarity + GC control (in case your GC has HP-IB/RS232 communication board) for GC control and digital data acquisition - serial communication is used, thus no HP-IB board is needed for PC
Hi Vox,

We have two sets of low cost chromatography software in our Canada office. They include A/D converter. We can offer you one set at US$450. You may try it first and pay us later if you are satisfied.

If you have interest, please send me an email at info@promochrom.com. I can provide you with more information about the software.

Regards,

PromoChrom
www.promochrom.com
7 posts Page 1 of 1