G1701BA Ver B.01.00

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm having some difficulty getting this version of ChemStation to run on Windows XP. Under Win2k everything is fine and working but when we try to execute the data analysis portion of the software the window fails to open and the program locks up.

Anyone have some insight into how we can get this to work for XP?

Thanks.

is it a XP sp2 version?

all CDS have had major issues when that version came out and vendors had to release fixes.
was that software version still supported when SP2 came out?
if yes then you should look out for a fix

I don't think it's supported. That's why I'm trying to find something I can set up without having to buy new software.

Thanks.

It seems that WinXP is not supported by G1701BA.

" Which Chemstation and which Windows ?
Of GC/MS Chemstation there are several versions: G1034c is for Windows 3.11 , G1701AA is for Windows 95 (works in 98), G1701BA is for Windows NT4 (CSS can make G1701BA work in Windows 2000) and G1701DA is for Windows 2000 & XP."

Code: Select all

http://www.cssco.com/content/view/11/0/

But there is a second article:
"G1701ba works with windows xp. It allows me to take snapshots/view/quantitate data from my 5970b's. I'm assuming that 5971's will also work. Still working on the final patches that would make this a smoooth install. Is there any interest in this?"

Code: Select all

http://www.chemuserworld.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=52

You can try to contact frankwilli....

Regards
Jan

Thank you very much.

I've already sent him an e-mail.

Very helpful reply.

Anything others have to offer is still greatly appreciated.
5 posts Page 1 of 1