EZChrom + iFACE experiences

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Dear colleagues,

We bought Agilent EZChrom 3.1.7. and upgraded from ChemStation (A-version) but after installation we found some essential functions missing. (instrument configuration and parameters of analysis are not part of report as we were accustomed to GLP+Short report). The most important problem is that we cannot directly control the instrument (service positions of ALS needle, DAD/VWD intensity check, WL calibration, holmium check and so on).
We were instructed by Agilent local representative that there is a possibility to buy add-on software iFACE, which can solve our problems. Have anybody an experience with it? Can you recommend another solution? Yes, I tried to find appropriate commands for instrument control in VBScript, but major part of EZChrom DLLs are compiled without metadata.
Thank you for answers.
Jan
Jan,

There are two forms of iFACE.

1. "Traditional" iFACE. Not documented for external use. Look in your EZChrom directroy and you'll find several *.iFACE files.
2. Generic iFACE. Documented when you have the contacts but very limited in functionality. Once started by SSI/Agilent to replace the original iFACE but never pursued further.

So, as you can see, unless you'll get the full "internal" documentation on 1. from Agilent there is not much you can do. When you would have the internal Agilent doc set (I do not have it myself) you would still have to re-compile with every new release of the product.

JW
Applied Instruments

Dear jwmol

I am very glad to see message from You. I hope we will discuss our problems more thoroughly just in place. We have planned meeting on 14th of May in Czech Rep.

Regards
Jan
3 posts Page 1 of 1