ChromCard ISA card problem

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I have problem with A/D chromcard card,
while the system is starting the message "main chrom-card hardware error. Eeprom data out of range" is displayed. When I'm trying to change the eeprom values (with eeprwrite) I have message like this: "chrom card not found in your computer".
can anybody help me with this problem?

Radek

Dear Radek
There is no reason you should ever be editting eprom values and I fear that the board is already damaged. We have experience with this software and may be able to advise and/or point you in the direction of your local agent.
There are two generations of card for Chromcard software both with ISA interface. The earliest from about 1992 is the Chromcard a two channel ISA board with the A/D on the card. Often seen with a second board piggy backed set up to fit in an IBM PS/II PC :shock: These will only run original Chromcard software (DOS) and Chromcard for Windows (up to Windows 95). Later Chromatography boards (also still ISA) had the option of up to 4 a/d modules on flying leads attached to the main boards. These will run all versions including the current Chromcard 32 provided that you have both the "dongle" and a Legacy PC with an ISA slot. Upgrade from this is really replacement and is to a new Chromcard USB board for Chromcard 32 only.

If in the UK please visit www.ceinstruments.co.uk or call 01942-733362 Support for these products is still possible

Dear Radek
There is no reason you should ever be editting eprom values and I fear that the board is already damaged. We have experience with this software and may be able to advise and/or point you in the direction of your local agent.
There are two generations of card for Chromcard software both with ISA interface. The earliest from about 1992 is the Chromcard a two channel ISA board with the A/D on the card. Often seen with a second board piggy backed set up to fit in an IBM PS/II PC :shock: These will only run original Chromcard software (DOS) and Chromcard for Windows (up to Windows 95). Later Chromatography boards (also still ISA) had the option of up to 4 a/d modules on flying leads attached to the main boards. These will run all versions including the current Chromcard 32 provided that you have both the "dongle" and a Legacy PC with an ISA slot. Upgrade from this is really replacement and is to a new Chromcard USB board for Chromcard 32 only.

If in the UK please visit www.ceinstruments.co.uk or call 01942-733362 Support for these products is still possible

:oops:
Managed to double post
4 posts Page 1 of 1