Chemical and Inventory Merged Databases

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm trying to find an off the shelf Chemical Inventory Software (The Database), that also allows the user to select from a list calibrated instruments.

The closest I found so far with features I want, is software from ChemSW with CISPro enterprise and IMCS, but they don't talk to each other.

My ideal Software (The Database) would look like CISPro enterprise and IMCS fused together with the following.

Eg. For a formulation solution, I want to be able to track everything,

1) a)what balance a chemist used to weigh a mass from a stock (from a list of in-calibration balances as specified by The Database)
and/or
b)what pipette a chemist used (from a list of in-calibration pipettes as specified by The Database)

2) what the final true mass of the chemical is (eg some chemicals are stabilised as their salts, so need to adjust mass downwards by a factor)

3) what vessel it was made up in (from a list of in-calibration vessels, eg volumetric flask, measuring cylinder as specified by The Database)

4) what solution it was made up with (from a list solvents/reagents in The Database, that haven't expired)

5) calculate the concentration of each of the chemicals in the solution,

6) Assign a Name to the solution (eg 1mg/ml of Caffeine,Theobromine & Theophylline using SOP XX.xxx)

7) assign a position for solution to be stored.

8 ) record user ID

9) select which project to bill against, for costing purposes.

10) automatically assign a new unique Alphanumeric ID for Solution (eg HPPD7643)

11) a) have a QC checker, approve the solution for use in The Database, so it becomes an available solution.
And/or
b) printout a sheet, containing above info, for checking and archiving.

12) Print out labels with all relevant info, eg Alphanumeric ID, Solution Name, Concentration, expiry data, storage location
on to Avery label sheets, and be able to select rows and columns to start from.

It would good if The Database allows a search function, by projects, of chemicals/solvent that were used against ?, So this be exported as file, eg into a CSV file for Excel, and costing can be calculated for each project ?. Into lists of chemical and solvents, eg get excel to calculate total amount of Dichloromethane used

The Database would allow for pipettes, volumetric flasks, measuring cylinders etc, to be entered as well under their unique type, eg POVA,VOLUMETRIC,BALANCES,THERMOMETERS,WATERBATHS,HEATER BLOCKS,

The Database would have the option to be configured to email a user, when an instrument is nearing its' calibration time. So there is no excuse, of not being informed ?.

The Database would be able to be customise, eg using scripts, macros to add wanted functionality

Be able to host concurrent users.

and as the number of chemicals used increase, as reagents and formulations are made, not exceed the limitations of The Database.

Thanks

Alex
DeMontfort University in Leicester is currently seriously considering ChemSW's CISPro chemical inventory system for use in their Health and Life Sciences department.

The trouble is, CISPro appears to have been programmed with Windows 9x (95, 98, and ME) in mind. Since the website claims that Windows XP is supported, we assume that we must be stupid and there must be a way to install this expensive software on our high security machines.

Can anyone help us get it to run without having to give users privileges that they really shouldn't have. We have very strict security here with the high number of students and staff. It is necessary to restrict whatever we can.

ChemSW do not appear to have a clue. Who programmed this anyway? There must be someone who understands what the program is attempting to save and where. I there a way to redirect these saves, or disable them?

Help please!!
2 posts Page 1 of 1