Turbochrome Seize Error

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi All:

My Turbochrome software fails to seize the Perkin Elmer DAD. The other components are Perkin Elmer Series 200 pump and autosampler. It has been working for 8 years. The only time I have had this problem was when there was a communication problem between the DAD and the computer at the DAD com port. Wiggling the wires did the job. At another time this happened the autosampler was not set to external control. I have made sure the configurations of the instruments are such that there is no impediment to computer control. Is calling Perkin Elmer service my only option?

When the DAD, autosampler and pump are taken out computer control DAD sends out a signal when a peak comes through because I can see the readout change.

Jaime
Just for trouble shooting purposes. Did you try to see if it is perhaps the Link box. I am assuming you have the pump on port A, autosampler on port B and DAD on port C.

You could try to uninstall the system in TC. Unplug the pump and autosampler from the link. Plug in the DAD in port A and reconfig the DAD as a standalone in TC (still might not work as I was told in 6.2.0). It might be worth a try to see if you have a bad communication board on the DAD or a failing link box.

Did someone recently service the DAD and then it did not work anymore? Make sure the DAD has at least one method stored on board (I had someone clear on methods on me before when they did a PM).

Scotty three:

You are right TC will not allow you to change channels.

I think the problem is in the communication board. That is what Perkin Elmer Tech support indicated to me. I have had no recent service on the equipment. But I had been presssing buttons to investigate what the different features are on the DAD and I was afraid I might have pressed something to cause the problem. So I looked at the manual to be sure I had the correct settings.

Jaime

I had a similar system with a 610 link box that had problems seizing control of the instrument about once every two to three months. The ultimate fix was an upgrade, but the problem usually went away if I restarted the link box. The local service guy suggested that the link configuration was getting corrupted. At worst, if a simple reboot didn't work, I would run the link diagnostic routine. That worked, but took hours to run.
If you changed your DAD you may need to revist the instrument configuration.
Thanks Steve:

I have factory reset the PE NELSON 600 link several times but it did not solve the problem.

I know how to reconfigure the instruments. I almost bought a used DAD from LABX but wonder if I will have the same problem. Well the DAD is 9 years old and maybe it is time for something to break down. I suppose it is time for the professionals to step in. Thanks.

Jaime
5 posts Page 1 of 1