Agilent FileFormats again...

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Dear all,
i have been reading many posts in this forum, which helped me quite a lot in solving various problems.
However, at the moment, I am struggling with Agilents (new?) file formats...
Since few months, we changed to a OpenLab Chemstation Client/Server System for the GCMS devices in our lab.
The trouble is that I am not able to reverse engineer the file format, the data is stored. I used to import the .ms files to Matlab and do some extended statistics and evaluation there. However, I am nowhere close to get any information out of the new file format.
I In the folder, there are two files (Filename.msscan.bin and Filename.mspeak.bin) which seem to contain the raw data. Additionally there is several xml-type files.
I'm wondering if anybody of you has a method to extract the raw Data?

Thanks a lot,

./ucc output_file.cdf

A hint - newer .ms files have bigger UNICODE header
Thanks for the reply, but the method you described, does not seem to work.
Agilent seems to save their data in this new chemstation version in

Filename.msscan.bin and Filename.mspeak.bin

and no longer in .ms files.
The folder this data is contained in has the extension .sirslt

can you please drop a couple of examples zipped to unichrom at unichrom dot com
Thanks for the reply. You should have mail.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 234 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:33 am

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests