By anon on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 07:30 am:

Does anyone out there use it? If so what application? Does it save you lots of data analysis time?
I know LECO have a similar software program.
Those who work for Agilent disguise yourselves very carefully!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Jason Ellis on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 11:25 am:

Hmmm...well, I can't say that I've ever disguised myself, but anyway... :)

You can find plenty of info online at the AMDIS webpage:

http://chemdata.nist.gov/mass-spc/amdis/

I recommend checking there first. It's a powerful tool that can save a ton of analysis time. I recently attended a workshop where AMDIS was covered in detail for a day -- very, very interesting possibilities. However, I haven't worked with it much personally, so it's best if you consult the link above for in-depth info.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By yury on Friday, July 16, 2004 - 01:12 am:

As far as I know, the LECO soft can only handle with the LECO raw data files. AMDIS can analyse a lot of different raw files...

By anon on Friday, July 16, 2004 - 06:03 am:

Thanks for the link Jason. Very useful website.
Anon

By Nightstars on Friday, July 30, 2004 - 06:43 am:

Why I can't use AMDIS tool open the raw file from a finnigan GC-MS.

By GC user on Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 09:39 am:

If the file format is not one of the ones recognized by AMDIS it cannot open the file. Call Finnegan, NIST, or both to see if your file type is supported. If not, Finnigan and NIST need to work together to get it included.