working with custom fields in empower 2 or mellenium

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Dear All ,

I am trying to do a simple calculation to get the concentration of the substance in Empower 2 . I need to enter the standard amount and Purity . I made a custom field of component type to display it in the component table. However, when I try to make a custom field to call the values entered in the component custom field , it returns zero.
I do not know why .

Another problem , The units of the amount eg mg, % mg/100 ml is a value that should be stored in the PROESSING METHOD . However , in Empower 2 , it is stored in the sampel set method ie, i have to reenter it every time i make an analysis.
Can anyone help to resolve these problems.

In a simple way

Can Anyone help .

Thanks,

I think you should use peak type instead of component type.
Component only allows real integers, whilest peak allow all the data types.
Beside this, if you enter a default unit in the component tab of the processing method, this should be fine.

Good luck

Bart

Thanks for you soon response , I really appreciate it so much .

The problem is that the analysis method contains 4 components Active substances (eg Substance A , B , C & D ) and of course that standard used that contain all of these 4 actives will have different weights and e
each standard will have different Purity eg

Name ||| Standard Weight || Purity
Std A || 85.5 mg ||99.8 %
Std B || 15.54 ||98.5 %
Std C || 57.57 || 99.4 %
Std D || 15.88 ||99.6 %

if i used the peak , it will give me a value to enter for all of these standards . Did you get what i mean .

Thanks

are there any progress.

Thanks,
Waleed

If you enter the values in your component custom field, can you see the right values in the table in review?
Are there any messages in the message center?

If you enter the values in your component custom field, can you see the right values in the table in review?
Are there any messages in the message center?

When i made a custom field in the component , I got it and I entered the standards components weights . But to display it in the table of review , I made another custom field and made it to be a PEAK type to be displayed in the review table . I made its value to be the name of custom field (in the component window) . Now , the value entered in the component cutom field should be copied to the custom field in the review window , BUT it made it Nothing , it gave me a blank one

But if you are in review (assuming you use the pro interface), do you see your entered values?

Can't you make 4 custom fields (for each component 1 or 2), and in your processing method use these custom fields to calibrate on?

Have you contacted your local Waters dealer?

Bart

No , If i want to get the values of the custom field of the component type , I made a custom field in the peak and tried to make it = name of the custom field of the compoent BUT it gets a blank value .

As i told you , i've already created the custom fields of the component types but when i tried to call these values from the peak window , it get a BLANK values .

the local agent of Waters are not expert in custom fields.
8 posts Page 1 of 1