Empower Checksum Error

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

14 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi having a problem with empower that happens from time to time. we run a set of sample everything runs OK. but when i go in to view the chromatography "data missing" appears in the top left of the chromatogram. and there is no chromatography. The following message appears in the message centre when i go to view the chromatography "Data file checksum error. Possible data corruption or modification of file" I have checked the file on the database and there is data there. Any help would be much appreciated. :?:

Did you restart a sample set?
Thanks,
DR

Standalone or client-server?
Did you scandisk your datadisk?
Do you exclude you empower maps from the virus scan?

The system is a citrix based client-server.
The Sample set was not paused or restarted at any stage.
Empower is not excluded from the virus scan. McAfee is installed on all LACE boxes.
I am not sure if the IT dept run scandisk on the datadisk. Hot backups to tape are carried out every day.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

McAfee needs to be hobbled on the LAC/Es. There's a patch for level 3 McAfee customers that does this (if you aren't one, Waters can steer you in the correct direction).
Thanks,
DR
Hi,

I am new on the group so I hope this will go to the right forum...

I have a similar problem...I am running empower and I try to check the chromatogram and came out "data missing". When I go to the log file will said "Unable to recover data file". We are also in a citrix based client server however we don't have any viruscan since our systems are not connected to the internet..
Since we don't have any virus software...do you have any idea how to solve this problem.

The only way that I can see the "data missing" is rebooting the computer.

Thanks,

Maria

Is data still on the LAC/E? If you can't bring up the LAC/Es properties, it may have buffered the data and needs to be rebooted (it will send the data on reboot).
Thanks,
DR

Seems like your client can't send the data to your server.
If you look in the recover.log file you can see if there are errors (at the end of the file) (c:\empower\instruments\recover.log).

Maybe you should look why your system is buffering.
You can see if you have a connection between client and server (ping command), or is it due to the heavy traffic at the server?

As I'm only working on a client server system, and not citrix, I hope the answers I'm giving are the same for both systems.

Good luck

Bart

Hi all,

I can see the lace or client properties (we have only one lace box the rest are clients)...no problem with that..plus most of the time the system is running and I am just trying to verify my std's to see if they pass system suit. However I am not able to do it since the data is missing.

Also we are an small lab and we only have one system running most 2 at the time so it shouldn't be any problem with buffering? I guess.

This is a copy paste of a portion of my recover log: Any ideas? thanks again...Maria

1/13/2006 4:05:18 PM Begin Recover Sweep
11/13/2006 4:05:28 PM Unable to create remote file \\EMPSRV\Waters_Projects$\GC_SQ0569_2004_08\d3257.dat
11/13/2006 4:05:28 PM Failed to recover datafile C:\Empower\InstrumentServer\GC\EMPOWER\UT15^GC_SQ0569_2004_08\d3257.dat to server file \\EMPSRV\Waters_Projects$\GC_SQ0569_2004_08\d3257.dat
11/13/2006 4:05:28 PM Failed to recover Sample Set from file C:\Empower\InstrumentServer\GC\EMPOWER\UT15^GC_SQ0569_2004_08\SampSet3254.dat
11/13/2006 4:05:33 PM Unable to create remote file \\EMPSRV\Waters_Projects$\GC_SQ0569_2004_08\d3262.dat
11/13/2006 4:05:33 PM Failed to recover datafile C:\Empower\InstrumentServer\GC\EMPOWER\UT15^GC_SQ0569_2004_08\d3262.dat to server file \\EMPSRV\Waters_Projects$\GC_SQ0569_2004_08\d3262.dat
11/13/2006 4:05:33 PM Unable to recover data file C:\Empower\InstrumentServer\GC\EMPOWER\UT15^GC_SQ0569_2004_08\d3262.dat
11/13/2006 4:05:38 PM Unable to create remote file \\EMPSRV\Waters_Projects$\GC_SQ0569_2004_08\d3265.dat
11/13/2006 4:05:38 PM Failed to recover datafile C:\Empower\InstrumentServer\GC\EMPOWER\UT15^GC_SQ0569_2004_08\d3265.dat to server file \\EMPSRV\Waters_Projects$\GC_SQ0569_2004_08\d3265.dat
11/13/2006 4:05:38 PM Unable to recover data file C:\Empower\InstrumentServer\GC\EMPOWER\UT15^GC_SQ0569_2004_08\d3265.dat
11/13/2006 4:05:38 PM End Recover Sweep

Seems like you can't write to the server.
Does your windows account has writing properties to \\\\EMPSRV\Waters_Projects$\ ?

I don't know? How and where I can check about the writing properties?

Thanks again,

Maria

You can ask your IT department, or you can log in on the server with an admin account. Then you can look at the properties of the waters projects map, and see if your account on the client has writing properties.

Good luck

Bart
I have checked the File size on the Database. It is 4.78kb. Other injections in the same sequence are 4.90kb in size. is the difference in size a clue as to what is happening :?:
Supposedly, Patch K fixes trhe checksum eror problem. We are in the process of installing Patch K and I'll let you knoiw.
George Balock
14 posts Page 1 of 1