Password required on Chemstation after Power outage

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I have a 6890 that runs off of Chemstation G1701 ver D.02.00.275, on windows XP. The building recently lost power and now the system is asking for a login. It has never needed one before and the people who set up this system are long gone. I found a document for older NT software factory passwords but the system doesn't recognize them. I also found info on altering the win.ini file but that document doesn't have the level= or password= line. Is there anything I can do besides reinstalling the software? Thanks! Sean
Call Agilent help 1-800-227-9770
Boot from Linux recovery USB drive and reset your NT password to empty.
Utility is called CHNTPW (change NT password).

But it may not help you when you lost part of local machine registry.

If you had NT domain logon - maybe your network card just not working.
3 posts Page 1 of 1