ChemStation B04.03 Installation

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi

Any help on this topic appreciated: The hard drive on my PC failed recently so. lost the Chemstation software

Agilent kindly supplied me with a replacement CDRom of Chemstation B.04.03 for windows 7

The HPLC (Agilent 1200 series) is connected to the PC via a crossover cable and all the other intra module connections are ok. The PC is not connected to the internet or any other devices.

So basically i need to install the CD-ROM and get the computer to recognise the HPLC. I'm getting tied up in knots with TCP, MAC addresses, IP sub masks gateways and BootP from reading the manual.

I guess I just assumed id click on the chemstation install icon, enter the license key and I'd be done.
Im already lost at the screen where hostname, IP address comes up.

If anyone can give me or point me to a stepwise list, however lengthy, I'd be extremely grateful.

Niki

PS Failing that how costly is it to get somebody from agilent out to install the CD for me?
Just don't use Agilent BOOTP, it will NOT work under Win7.
Use this http://tftpd32.jounin.net/

If you have only PC and HPLC just assign to the
PC address 192.168.0.1 mask 255.255.255.0 and
LC the address 192.168.0.2 mask 255.255.255.0
Thanks for that
where / how do I assign these IPs to the PC and HPLC ?
Hello

It is simple:

1.One of LC module has LAN card (normally detector). Remove it and put small switches on it so IP address is 192.168.254.11 (you will find it in manual - for normal LAN card switches 5 and 6 are in "1" or in "up" position)
https://www.agilent.com/cs/library/user ... ceCard.pdf

2.Set IP of PC card to 192.168.254.10 (PC - network setting )
3.Configure IP in "Chemstation configurator editor"

And it is ready - you don't need BootP!

Regards

Tomasz Kubowicz
OK I found the LAN card so I just push up switch 5 and 6?
Hello

NikiMullins wrote:
OK I found the LAN card so I just push up switch 5 and 6?

5 and 6 up...Please read manual ! Everything is there.

Regards

Tomasz Kubowicz
I have read the manual and I find it difficult to follow

I have no experience in this so while it might be simple for you to understand it isn't for me

Thanks for your help
Hello

Don't get me wrong...but you will not find here "guideline" what to do with all simple steps. I understand it is difficult for you but at least you need to read manual to know what to do...
And if it is still tricky I'd recommend to call service for once - they will explain you how PC-LC communication works and you can avoid problems in future.

Regards

Tomasz Kubowicz
8 posts Page 1 of 1