Empower 2 does anyone have it up and running?

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Does anyone have Empower 2 up and running in a large scale GMP enviroment. I have spoken with people at numerous companies and they are all having trouble.

what kind of trouble do one have , what is the link with GMP ?

I have no idea what the problem is, I am not involved with the install just a curious user of Empower 1. It seems like I have rec'd memos concerning empower 2 training and launch for almost a year and it keeps getting pushed back. When I ask my buddies at other pharm companies (some big, some small) I hear of a similar situation.

It's being tested here, but it's flaky. There a problems installing it in the first place and even more problems geting it to run. Last time I heard the woman trying to set it up cursing about it she was blaming an incompatability with internet explorer... not sure what came of that.

I will have a chat with her later on if I can (and she's not breathing fire) and see how things are going.

Regards, Pat.

At my company (pharmaceutical in GMP environment) we have it now running for about a year (empower 2 sp A) because we changed from chromatgraphic supplier. We did not have empower 1 so I cannot compare, but from what I understood there are not a lot of differences, especially not if you are working with the pro interface. We have it running on 40 PC client, 5 acquisition PC's and 1 server and till today we had only 1 mayor problem. That was during the installation on windows server 2003 sp1. Waters had a document with setting needed for solving problem functionallity in windows server 2003 sp1, however they had that document only for empower 1 and forgot to make it for empower 2. But this was resolved very quickly.

Actually, we are very satisfied with it and if you have a problem waters is always prepared to assist rapidly.

We use it for Alliances and UPLC's.
5 posts Page 1 of 1