Empower 3 - Simple Validation - Custom Field to check InjVol

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
We have several HPLC systems in the lab with most of them using the default 10uL injection volume.

I have one system that uses a 20uL and all too often, the user will forget to change the injection volume from 10 to 20uL

I've been looking for a way to prevent this without any luck so I started looking for a custom field solution to at least flag the sample as out of compliance on the report.

What I cannot seem to find is something like:
EQ(SampleInjectionVolume, 20)

Suggestions?

It would be great to setup a CONST1 type variable so that the CF could be pushed to all HPLC systems and the flag could be set for each system without having to go in and edit the CF.

TTYIA
-Z
I cannot seem to see the forest my Lord, the trees are in the way!
Hi ,

Lock instrument method to 20ul in Empower

This would avoid error

Or you physically changing loop (ie old TSP systems)?
ydna1977 wrote:
Hi ,
Lock instrument method to 20ul in Empower
This would avoid error
Or you physically changing loop (ie old TSP systems)?

Ydna1977:
Thank you for your suggestion.

Wish it were that simple, :-) , our auto-samplers are either W717+ or W2707 neither of which give you the option to set the Injection volume via the Instrument Method - both use a fixed 200uL sample loop with a syringe drive for the injection volume.

If we were using a fixed sample loop then this wouldn't be an issue - too much work for the users to change out a sample loop - some days I can barely get anyone to change out a guard column!
I cannot seem to see the forest my Lord, the trees are in the way!
3 posts Page 1 of 1