Issue with Shimadzu's UVProbe software (UV-1800)

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
We recently got a Shimadzu UV-1800 uv/vis spectrophotometer, using the UVProbe software for data acquisition, which I was previously familiar with (and never had this problem). The brand-new computer is using Windows 10, which rejected the 'unsigned' drivers for the UV-1800 upon installation. I found a quick workaround to get the computer to temporarily accept all drivers, but it seems that only lasts until the next startup. So the Shimadzu technician came back and we found a permanent solution that accepts the drivers all the time. BUT, this had the unfortunate side effect of causing UVProbe to freeze every few seconds. It usually freezes for a few seconds (sometimes longer), the top of the window will read "(Not Responding)", then it will unfreeze and finish was it was doing. Needless to say, this is very frustrating when running an analysis and is seriously hurting our productivity.

So far nobody at Shimadzu knows or is willing to figure out what is causing this issue (they think it's not properly plugged in...). Has anyone else had this issue with UVProbe, or any other analytical software? I have a feeling that this is related to windows 10, but I don't know enough about it to find a proper solution.
I can't help directly, BUT:
if you managed a workaround that doesn't survive a reboot, how about implemting that in a Powershell script that you can then set to auto-run on startup?
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
Try to turn OFF USB power management (somewhere among advanced power options).
Did you come up with a solution for this Watertech19? What was the permanent solution Shimadzu proposed?

Best regards / Jonas
4 posts Page 1 of 1