How to start Agilent Detector with Alliance and Empower

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all

Does anyone have experience how to control an Agilent Detector (RI) on a Waters Alliance with Empower3?

Actually I can control everything but I can't get this configuration to start and collect the data from the RI.

The acquisition starts fine when I use "inject immediate" (regardless if the inject start cable connects the Alliance and the RI) but when I use a "normal" Inject function (sample, standard etc.), the Alliance makes the injection and the RI goes to "instrument run" but Empower doesn't collect the data from the RI.
Also the run isn't finished in Empower, seems it still wait's for the detector to get ready.

I guess it's because with the Inject start-cable, the start of the RI is directly triggered without any "Instrument Pre-Run", which in fact is the case when the Inj-Immediate function is used.

Any ideas how to get it work?
How to trigger the Pre-Run on the RI?
(I would accept a delayed start of the RI and working with the analog switches from the Alliance if necessary).

PS: I'm already in contact with support from Agilent and Waters but no solution is found yet.

Config:
Empower3 FR3, HF1
Agilent G1362A, FW 07.02 / Driver A02.14
Agilent LAN-card G1369A, FW 01.10
Alliance 2695, FW 3.00
Connections with Ethernet
Inject-Start cable from Alliance to RI (B1/B2 to Remote Pin 1/3)
Anything in message center when it fails to collect data?
Thanks,
DR
Hi DR

no, no errors. just no data...

But now we close to conclude, that mixed vendor-systems aren't supported yet.

And even something "funny" discovered, with that mixed system.
It depends which component is first/top in the system-tree when creating the chromatographic system in Empower.
If the Alliance is first, then the Alliance works fine but no data from Agilent-RI.
If the Agilent is first, then the Alliance won't make any injections, but if one manually triggers the RI to start, the data from the RI are collected...

But why the data from both system are recorded with "inj-Immediate" is another question?

So the conclusion now is to use a SAT/In-Box to acquire the signal from the analog-out from the RI.
Guess this should work... who knows ;-)
That will work.

It could also be a licensing issue. You're supposed to have an Agilent license for any Agilent(s) on the system, at least if you want instrument control (Ethernet).
Good luck!
Thanks,
DR
Thanks.

No license is fine. We just bought one for this purpose.
But even with the SAT/In-Box it's good to have it, so we can just set the temperature and purge the ref-cell through the control panel.

That's the other side of modules without any interface on their front covers...
5 posts Page 1 of 1