How do you add "Spectrum Index" data to a report?

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Im running a UPLC PDA related substances method and the results report displays both the chromatogram plus a table of impurities/retention times. Is there any way I can edit the chromatograms to include the "Spectrum Index" display which shows the peaks plus their associated spectra?, even if it spills over a few pages because of the 30min run time.

Ive tried playing around with the "Chromtogram" options in the report but no luck!
First make sure, your results were processed with a "PDA" not "LC" type processing method.

Then in the Report Publisher:

Drag and drop the "SpectrumIndexPlot" item from the tree list on the left. It's found somewhere "down" inside a folder called "PDA" or "3D plot groups" or similar (sorry, actually no Empower on hand right now. Can specify better tomorrow).

Then adjust the plot properties as needed.

Be aware that there's a bug (at least in Empower2 +) when you select to split the plot by a number of peaks/page and you load a result without any peaks inside (eg a blank). Otherwise it works well.
Thanks very much Hollow, I appreciate that. I wonder could you also offer assistance with the following report question:

I need to add a table or group to my current system suitability report method which calculates the USP Resolution for a particular peak in my "sensitivity solution" injection at 2 channels- 220 and 240nm. Ive tried playing around with it but no matter which was I organise it it doesn't seem to work for me! Apologies for the question, even if you knew of a good resource for creating reports that would be good, Ive only created very simple ones up to now.

Kind Regards.
if it gets special, I'm probably off too.

But to get the resolutions of peaks you need to activate the "Suitability Tab" in your process method (I assume you have the SystemSuitability Option installed and activated for the project).
Then you need to enter the void time of the actual method in the suitability tab (actually it's just used by some calculations e.g. retention factors. So only for the resolution the real number entered doesn't matter).
If you want to know which parameters are calculated and how, with the different "radiobutton" see Help (F1) and got to "verificate system performance" (or so).

With such a processing method, the specified parameters are calculated for all peak in the defined channels.

So then in your report you just need to add the column for those parameters under "Table properties".

Anything more specific, or with custom calculations is beyond my actual knowledge, so other Empower users are kindly invited :)
Thanks a million Hollow, that has worked now when I edited it that way.

There seems to be an absence of decent resources on report writing on Empower in general. I will look at the Help function and see if that offers much.

Thanks again. :P
5 posts Page 1 of 1