Empower 3 connection to LDAP server failed.

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Dear all,

The empower 3 showed a error message as "Connection to LDAP server failed. Cannot contact to the LDAP server."

Can I know what is happening? The entire system cannot connect to empower 3 to perform test. What should I do in order to log in into empower 3?

Please advise. Thank you in advance.
I can't speak to what's wrong with your connection with the LDAP server.

As for logging into Empower, have you tried using the "system" account w/ admin privileges? (assuming you know the password that account)
Show this error message to your Domain admin (if any).
I think somebody blocked access (using local or server firewall) to domain controller TCP port 389 (or secure ldap 686, depends of your network configuration).

In the days of yore there was telnet shipped with Windozes, so you can test if this blockade is actually happening by running at command prompt:
telnet servername 389.
Successful connection in that case blames Empower's cockroaches but not firewall.

But aiming to increase usability and user friendliness - Microsoft removed telnet from recent Windows distributions. So you are on your own.
If your primary domain controller is down for some reason that would give you this error message. We've had this occur when the primary domain controller is hung up during maintenance. Empower only authenticates against the first DC in the list in the Empower system policies. If you can't login at all with a domain account you'll need to login with the Empower 'System' account and try changing the domain controller to a different one (assuming you have an alternate).
4 posts Page 1 of 1