Problems integrating with Shimadzu C-R3A Data Processor

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I have a prehistoric Shimadzu C-R3A and I'm having some problems with the integration of chormatograms.

I want to establish a Minimum Area value of -let's say 1000- but it keeps showing peaks of 400 or so.

I tried setting the value to 1000, 10000 or even 100000000, but it keeps on integrating peaks with very small area.

The other parameters (Slope, drift) are ok for the rest of the run, but I keep on integrating these small peaks which I don't want to see in the integration report.

Is there a special way I should input this parameter?

I tried setting it in the time program, but it doesn't work either (the file I'm adjusting is the correct one -It's the one I'm using to accquire and to process the chromatogram)

Thanks in advance,
Matías.
What are the other settings , width , slope , method ( 41 or 61 ) ?

If you wish , you can reset the integrator : recycle power , write INI and enter.
This will reset the integrator to default values and clear any error.
uzman wrote:
What are the other settings , width , slope , method ( 41 or 61 ) ?

Here you can view the other settings:

Width =5
Drift = 0
Slope = 5000
Method = 621

uzman wrote:
If you wish , you can reset the integrator : recycle power , write INI and enter.
This will reset the integrator to default values and clear any error.

I'm not really wishing to reset the integrator since I'm not the only user, but if it's the only option left, maybe I should try it...

Any other suggestion?
Slope 5000 seems too high , normal values between 200 - 2000 , first you may give a try for this.

You may also try method 61 , which means only areas reported.
I couldn't remember clearly , but method 621 may report heights , or heights and areas together , so minimum area may not work.
Slope 5000 seems too high , normal values between 200 - 2000 , first you may give a try for this.

I couldn't remember clearly , but method 621 may report heights , or heights and areas together , so minimum area may not work.
Oh, great. I'll try these tips.

I reached that high slope value since i'm running a gradient and have a small peak right where the slope changes (I still have to adjust the drift value).

I'll let you know how I do, thanks for your help!
uzman wrote:

Dear uzman,

This wasn't quite the answer, but you led me to it! :D

First of all, I wasn't sure if Method = 621 was the same as Method = 0621, and maybe that could have caused some trouble. So I changed it, but it wasnt the answer (I guess it made no difference).
Anyway, according to the pocket reference guide, there's no "6" parameter for the number in the second position -specification for retention time- as you can see below.

So if 6 it's the sum of 4 + 2, then this should mean "Time printed every 2cm with peak retention time" + "Peak no. printed instead of retention time".
So 6 should just be "Time printed every 2cm with peak number" (which it was how it printed the chromatograms ;) ).

But, as you suggested, I tried changing the method to 0821 or 0421 and in both of them, minimum area parameter worked! (but NOT for method 0621)

Here you can see it:

I did the same with Method 0821 and got the same results.

Thank you very much for your help!
I can consider this problem solved for now!

Kind regards,
Matías.
Hi ,

The method explanation in user manual is a little tricky for C-R3A.
There is a method 61 (or 0061 ) , even though it is not stated correctly.

It detects peaks , draw peak start and end marks , and prints the retention time , but no time scale.

Results are given as '' normalization '' and as areas.

Happy to hear that the problem solved !
Can anyone attach a link for the manual? need more information about manual settings
9 posts Page 1 of 1