Chemstation A.10.02 unique data file creation

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi there, an old GC system we have is using a rather old chemstation version (A.10.02) and I can't seem to make it automatically create unique data files. Is this a limitation of the old software? It seems to me that the prefix and counter should update automatically :? Is this just something that I am going to have to manually change every time I start a sequence?
The ChemStation will start at the Prefix-Counter setting, and run the sequence from there. It does not update this setting, so the next time the sequence is run, it starts at the beginning prefix - counter again.

The choices are:
1. change the sequence subdirectory for each sequence.
2. update the prefix counter settings for each sequence.
3. Install a macro program I wrote many years ago to reset the Prefix-Counter at the end of each sequence so the next sequence starts at the next available file name.

I can provide the macro on request.
nimbi63 wrote:
1. change the sequence subdirectory for each sequence.

That's what we do.
I would love the macro! I am interested in learning more about macros and VBA, powerful tools. My email is 105ivel@gmail.com
levi_501 wrote:
I would love the macro! I am interested in learning more about macros and VBA, powerful tools. My email is 105ivel@gmail.com

Then download "Macro Programming Guide" :

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17519&hilit=macro+programming
The macro programming guide is under Help > Commands > Macro Programming Guide.
Thanks for the help everyone. I used nimibi's macro for now and it works great, I will look into the guide in the future too. I just realized I have the hard copy of that macro programming guide sitting on my desk right here.... :oops: I thought that pdf file looked familiar
It would be really great if you could help me out with that macro also. Having the same problem, with an old version of GC chemstation software and now it's due to be somehow fixed. Maybe you could email it to be along with some short instructions. I'd be greatful.
Thanks,
Lenard

lenard21@gmail.com
I know this is an old post, but is anyone still on here that can send me the macro?

broncogrizz at gmail dot com

Thanks.
9 posts Page 1 of 1