gc cannot connect to empower 3

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
hi all,

i would like to ask how come got two gc cannot connect to empower.

i have two issue.

first, the Gc were fine last few day. the gc are using com port for connection.

the empower cannot connect to gc through citirix network, as i tried to go to the node properties, i cannot restart the lace. it will pop out an error message. i cannot remember the exact sentence, is something like "the com port issue, the device is offline or not water device."

therefore, i tried to directly access to lace remotely and restart the lace and gc, the gc still cannot connect.

the lacebox is fine, as seen from the control panel --> administration tool--> services-->services (local) -->waterservice. the status is showed to be running.

Furthermore, the network connection is fine from the control pane-->network and sharing center. however, when i tried to directly connect to lace remotely, there is an error message in which the icon of the error message of empower, which is usually blue in color, this time is appeared as red and also showed the message of "Message CEnter - EMP3_EN_PROD_APAC-unable to connect to the remote server."

for the second issue, i tried to directly to access the lace remotely, apparently, one of the gc can connect in which under the node properties(instrument tab) is showed yes in the column ok? however, the other gc is showed no in the column ok?

could you please help me on this issue? Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Agnes
Power down, then restart the LACE.
Thanks,
DR
Thank you for your reply, as I tried to restart the lace I still cannot connect.

As for what I have done, we changed the DNS setting. Initially I can access the node. However, I do not why I cannot access the node again.

Is there any where I can check the connection of between the critix?

As the direct connection using remotely is fine to access the instrument.

Thank you.
Your Citrix admin will have to look at that end.
Note that "restarting" (warm-boot) is not the same as powering down a LACE, then restarting (cold-boot).

Please open a command window, run "IPconfig /all"
post the results of that (less anything accessible from outside your LAN and any names that should not be shared).
Thanks,
DR
4 posts Page 1 of 1