can I automate calculate recovery in empower 3?

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi, this is my first post here.

Recently I started working with empower 3 (pro) and it would be handy for us if empower automatic calculate the recovery, Is it possible to view the original and adjusted amounts in the report? Do i have to do it with custum fields? I have no idea how to begin. can someone help us?
hyenake wrote:
Hi, this is my first post here.

Recently I started working with empower 3 (pro) and it would be handy for us if empower automatic calculate the recovery, Is it possible to view the original and adjusted amounts in the report? Do i have to do it with custum fields? I have no idea how to begin. can someone help us?

Yes to all.

- Karen
How Karen? I have no experience with custum fields.

Roel (hyenake)
You can inject your samples as "control", where you can define an amount.
As result you get an amount, your control value, and %Deviation. If you want %recovery, you have to define a calculated peak custom field, with a definition of 100 + %Deviation.

HTH

Ace
You can do it easily. Maybe you don't even need custom fields. Just indicate your standards as standards in Inject Sample with the relative level. if they are all at the same concentration use the same level (E.g. Level 1). Then you should indicate in the amount tab the quantity (mg) and purity (100% or less) of your std. Use columns Sampleweight and dilutions for both std and samples. add the line "clear cal" at the top of seq and two lines: calibrate and quantitate at the bottom
In the proc meth indicate in components Average by: Level. when you calculate, even in review mode, you should see that the field "amount" in the peak table performs the calculation: Area Sample / Avg Area Std * Ws * Potencystd *Dc /(Ds * Wc). if you need to express this as a % just create a simple custom field (peak, real) with =amount*100
It is not easy to explain just by mean of write. hope this helps. let me know
5 posts Page 1 of 1